In loving memory of
10. 08. 1938 - 11. 11. 2022
In loving memory of Brenda who sadly passed away on 11th November
Brenda – Mum – could never quite understand how her two daughters entered the world of funerals! But here we now are, organising a personal farewell for mum, in a way we feel she would have smiled at.
The funeral service will be held at 1.30pm on Wednesday 7th December at Great Glen Crematorium. We suggest to arrive around 10 minutes before the service start time. There is ample parking.
Following the service, you are invited to join us for a reception in the Snug (her favourite part of the pub) at Old Black Horse Inn, Houghton on the Hill.
Directions are provided below.
We have been asked about flowers and donations – as a family we have organised beautiful flowers, just you being there and to raise a toast later will be appreciated.
Great Glen Crematorium
FROM THE NORTH
- Follow the A6 from Leicester, through Oadby
- On exiting Oadby, continue on the A6 past Archers roundabout, following signs for Market Harborough
- Approximately half a mile past Archers roundabout turn left off the A6, signed as Burton Overy and Crematorium
- The Crematorium is approximately 500 yards along on your left hand side.
FROM THE SOUTH
- Follow A6 towards Oadby
- At Archers roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Station Rd
- Turn right onto London Rd
- The Crematorium is approximately half a mile along on your right hand side.
Old Black Horse Inn
36 Main Street
Houghton on the Hill
The Old Black Horse Inn is on the main road that passes through Houghton on the Hill. There is a large car park.
We will be in the snug where a light buffet and drinks will be served.