In loving memory of
Martin Elis Bee
31. 12. 1937 - 21. 05. 2023
The funeral service will be held at Shamley Green Woodland Burials, Friday 16th June at 2pm
Shamley Green is a simple woodland burial ground near to Guildford.
Please note: Please wear suitable footwear for walking in a field and suitable clothing for outdoors.
There is a beautiful pagoda where Martin’s coffin will rest as we gather and say a few words, before being laid to rest.
At Shamley Green Woodland Burials, a tree is planted at each burial place that will eventually become a natural woodland. This will create a nature reserve and wildlife sanctuary managed by Surrey Wildlife Trust.
Following the burial, you are invited to join us at the Red Lion in Shamley for refreshments.
It would help us with catering if you could please click the RSVP link below.
Directions for those who are attending are provided below.
HOW TO GET THERE
Car Park entrance
Unfortunately the entrance to the car park is not well signposted, look out for the green and white Woodland Burials sign at the entrance off the Guildford Road (B2128).
Oakfield Wood lies between the Guildford Road and the Run Common Road adjacent to Manzel Nurseries, just north of Rowly and mid-way between Cranleigh and Shamley Green on the B2128.
- Take the A281 to Shalford.
- At Shalford turn left on to the A248 and then continue on the B2128 to Wonersh and Shamley Green.
- Pass through Shamley Green and travel for about 1.5 miles.
- Oakfield Wood is located on the Guildford Road on the right hand side just past Manzel Nurseries. If you miss the entrance you will need to go to the mini roundabout by the car sales garage (about 150 yards) and turn back..
- Take the A281 towards Guildford.
- After about 9 miles turn right on to the B2130 to Cranleigh.
- At the T junction after 1 mile turn left on to the B2128 towards Shamley Green and Shalford.
- Bear right on to the Guildford Road at the roundabout junction with Run Common Road.
- Oakfield Wood is on the left.
Red Lion Inn
This a less than 5 minute drive from the burial ground.