The funeral service will be held at 11am on Monday 2nd August at St Ignatius RC Church, Sunbury, followed by the burial at Shamley Green Burial Ground.
Shamley Green is a peaceful natural burial ground around a 45 minute drive from the church, everyone is welcome to follow and attend.
HOW TO GET THERE IF ATTENDING
CHURCH SERVICE - 11AM
St Ignatius RC Church
St Ignatius of Loyola is located on Green Street, which is an exit off the Sunbury Cross roundabout on the M3 motorway. Sunbury railway station is nearby. The church car park can accommodate a dozen cars, otherwise parking will be found on adjacent residential roads.
BURIAL - 1PM
Oakfield Wood lies between the Guildford Road and the Run Common Road adjacent to Manzel Nurseries, just north of Rowly and mid-way between Cranleigh and Shamley Green on the B2128.
- Take the A281 to Shalford.
- At Shalford turn left on to the A248 and then continue on the B2128 to Wonersh and Shamley Green.
- Pass through Shamley Green and travel for about 1.5 miles.
- Oakfield Wood is located on the Guildford Road on the right hand side before the mini roundabout.
- Take the A281 towards Guildford.
- After about 9 miles turn right on to the B2130 to Cranleigh.
- At the T junction after 1 mile turn left on to the B2128 towards Shamley Green.
- Bear right on to the Guildford Road at the roundabout junction with Run Common Road.
- Oakfield Wood is on the left.
In lieu of floral tributes we invite you to donate to our chosen charity the Roy Castle Lung Foundation, the only UK lung cancer charity dedicated to helping people affected by the disease.
The easiest way to donate is online – just click the button below.
Personal tributes will be added shortly.